Friday, April 25, 2008

I think the smartboard is such a great new innovative teaching tool! I had never seen one before I came to WIU which is strange because Marisa said that they had them in Elementary Schools around Macomb. I like the idea of the smartboard because it allows the children to actively participate in classroom instruction, although there may need to be a lesson where students are taught how to use it as with any technology. It's just another way we can incorporate technology into the lives of our students, and in an easy way. Smartboards do not demand big learning comittements or complicated use, it's just another version of the chalkboard. If I had a smartboard in my classroom I beleive I would use it a lot with my students. It's easy for the small children to use as well because they can practice their writing on it in a fun way! Technologies are always a big hit with children, I think it gives them power and makes learning more fun because they are in control of what they do and most of them are self-sufficently run!

No comments: