Thursday, April 24, 2008

We had a SMART board in my high school, but we were not allowed to use it. The teachers claimed that it was too expensive and fragile for students to use. If I had a SMART board in my classroom, I would try to get students actively involved. I would first use it for presentations. Once students became used to using the SMART board, I would use it as a normal chalkboard. With the environmental preservation craze going on right now, I believe that this would be a very effective way for students to complete assignments. Instead of each student taking notes on paper, the teacher can email the students the file that was created when they drew on the SMART board. Also, the SMART board could be turned of when not in use, in order to preserve energy. I think that there are many other uses of a SMART board, but this is one that I find effective.

No comments: